Last Updated: Sept 21, 2018
1. About Us
This website is operated by Jods, LLC, a company located in the Commonweath of Virginia in the United States (“Jods,” “us”, “we,” or “our”). We are a retailer of women’s apparel specific to equestrian sport. We provide these Services both online at our retail store located at www.jodsonline.com and in-person at horse shows.
For more information about Jods, please visit our About page here.
2. Key Terms
“Website” or “Websites” means any website we own and operate (such as www.jodsonline.com) or any web pages, interactive features, or other online offerings.
“Users,” “User,” “you,” or “your” means any person who visits, places an order through our Website or signs up for our newsletter.
“Services” includes any retail or other activities provided through our Website, mobile applications, horse show stores, newsletters and other products and services.
“Personal Information” means any Personal Information that identifies or can be used to identify a User to identify a User, directly or indirectly.
3. Personal Information that We Collect
(A) Personal Information Collected That You Provide Us
When you place an order through our Website or at a horse show we ask you to provide Personal Information to fulfill your order. The Personal Information we collect from you is only what we need to be able to take your order and serve you effectively. This Personal Information includes:
- Your name;
- Your e-mail address;
- Your shipping address;
- Your billing address;
- Your phone number;
- Your credit-card number;
- Your expiration date; and
- Your card verification code.
This Personal Information allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status. We do not require you to create an account to place an order.
You may also voluntarily sign up for our newsletter or to be informed about certain offers or promotions, in which case we may use the Personal Information you provide, such as your contact Personal Information, job details, and feedback, to send the Personal Information you requested and/or fulfill any other purpose for which you have provided such Personal Information. You may choose to provide additional Personal Information when you communicate with us through our Website or otherwise interact with us, and we will keep copies of those communications for our records.
Your decision to provide this Personal Information is voluntary, but if you choose not to provide this requested Personal Information you may not be able to participate in our Services.
(B) Personal Information Automatically Collected
In addition to Personal Information that you choose to provide to us, when you visit our Website, we may also collect certain information automatically from your personal computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone, or other devices. In some countries, including those countries in the European Union, this information may be considered Personal Information under applicable information protection laws.
Specifically, the Personal Information we collect automatically may include the following:
- Your IP address or other unique identifier;
- Your operating system or mobile network information;
- Your Internet browser identification;
- Your Internet browsing activity;
- Your general geographic location;
- Your interaction and activities with our Website, including remembering you and your preferences; and
- Other certain information related to your devices, including the time of day you visit our Website, among other information.
We may use various methods and technologies to automatically collect or store this Personal Information through tracking tools like browser cookies, web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, and ETags or entity tags. We do this on our Website, through our newsletter, and in e-mails we send to you.
4. We Combine Collected Personal Information
We combine Personal Information that we have collected offline, such as at our horse show stores, with Personal Information we collect online, such as our Website. We also combine Personal Information that we have collected across other third-party websites, your devices, such as computers and mobile devices, and from third parties with Personal Information we already have.
5. Cookies and Similar Tracking Devices
Because we employ cookies and similar tracking tools, we wanted to provide you with some additional information on how it all works.
A cookie is a piece of information, which may include a unique identifier, that is sent to your Internet browser from a web server and stored on your hard drive or device. We assign a different cookie to each device that accesses our website. Cookies allow your computer to use all the features on our Website, such as remembering who you are, maintaining products in your shopping cart for an unlimited time, knowing if you have visited our site before or if you are a first-time visitor, and remembering your address and contact information. Cookies contain no information about you or any computer or device you are shopping on. They serve no purpose other than to enable you to shop with ease in our store.
6. How We Use Your Personal Information:
We may use your Personal Information for various purposes, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Improving the effectiveness of our Website, marketing endeavors, and Services;
- Processing and completing purchase and similar transactions;
- Providing customer service;
- Notifying you of product recalls or providing other information concerning products you have purchased;
- Sending you newsletters that you opt-into;
- Sending you direct mail offerings;
- Sending you e-mail communications about our products, services, promotions, events, or other important information;
- Sending you e-mails about orders you have made on our Website;
- Enabling you to participate in the Website’s features;
- Identifying your product and service preferences and informing you of new or additional products, services, and promotions that may be of interest to you;
- For internal business purposes;
- Notifying you about important changes to our Website; and
If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Sharing Your Personal Information With Third Parties
In general, the Personal Information we collect will be shared with third parties to enable us to provide our Services to you. We do not sell, trade, or rent your Personal Information with third parties. For example, we share your Personal Information with:
- Our delivery partners who get your name, number, e-mail address, and mailing address to enable them to deliver your order and keep you informed of the progress of your order;
- Technology partners who provide our automated order processing systems so they can process payment for your order, prevent and monitor potentially fraudulent activity, label your order for shipment, sign you up for our newsletter (if you opt-in), and survey your satisfaction; and
- When a special order is placed for a customer we may need to provide the manufacturer or supplier of the product with information to enable them to deliver the order.
These third-party companies are not permitted to use or share or sell your Personal Information; however, they have their own privacy policies with respect to the information we share with them to provide our Services.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the following reasons:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; or
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Jods, our Users, or others.
8. Your Consent
We incorporate commercially-reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no information transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless networks, or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Website, and you provide us with your Personal Information at your own risk.
10. Payment Information
We take payment by a variety of secure methods. In no case do we collect your debit or credit card information unless you choose to pay by phone or card authorization form (see below). Our third-party card payment processors do collect (or already have a record of) your debit and credit card information depending on your payment method:
- If you use our secure card payment method and enter your own debit or credit card details, then our third-party card payment processor Stripe, Inc. collects your payment information but does not share that with us.
- We only ever ask for debit or credit card details if you are shopping with us in-person at horse shows, and your payment information is entered into our Square, Inc. payment system through the Square Reader, after which we do not retain your payment information. Therefore, once submitted to our Square, Inc. payment system, we no longer have access to your payment information.
The products provided through our Website, including any children’s products, are only available for purchase by adults 18 or older. If you are under 18, you may use our Website only through a parent or guardian. In cases where you - a parent or guardian - have authorized a minor under 18 to use our Website, you recognize that you are fully responsible for: (i) the online conduct of such minor; (ii) controlling the minor's access to and use of our Website; and (iii) the consequences of any misuse by the minor. You acknowledge that we have no obligation to monitor the content accessible on or through our Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13 without verified parental or guardian consent. If you are under 13, you are not permitted to use our Website or any related Services and should not provide us with any Personal Information about yourself, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our records.
12. Social Media
13. How Long Your Personal Information Is Retained
14. Updating Your Information and Choices
You may update or correct information about you through the Website’s account registration forms or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may opt out of receiving promotional mail, e-mails, or other forms of communication from us by contacting us at email@example.com. Please be sure to include your current information and the requested changes you would like us to make to your marketing profile in your communication.
Please note, we may still send you certain communications relating to your use of our Website, such as administrative and service announcements and these transactional messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from receiving our marketing communications.
15. Applicable Law
16. Your California Privacy Rights
We may from time to time elect to share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of Personal Information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of Personal Information shared with third parties and used for direct marketing purposes and the name and address of the third parties that received such Personal Information. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address (limit one request per year): firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include your full name, e-mail address, and postal address in your request. Please allow thirty (30) days for us to respond
17. Your Connecticut Privacy Rights
Connecticut law requires any entity that collects Social Security numbers from Connecticut residents in the course of business to create a privacy protection policy and to publish or display it publicly. It is our policy to protect the confidentiality of Social Security numbers in our possession from misuse and improper disclosure by maintaining and enforcing policies and physical and electronic safeguards against misuse and improper disclosure. Unlawful disclosure of Social Security numbers is prohibited, and access to them is limited to personnel who need access to such information in order to perform their job functions.
18. Know Your Rights Under The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) [European Union Consumers Only]
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
- The right to request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any Personal Information if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your Personal Information be erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such information;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Information at any time;
- The right to request we provide you with your Personal Information and where possible, to transmit that information directly to another information controller, (known as the right to information portability), where applicable;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your Personal Information, to request a restriction on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of Personal Information. Please note, this only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority), direct marketing, and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics;
- The right to lodge a complaint with authorities.
- The right to transfer your Personal Information abroad. Please note, if your Personal Information is to be transferred to countries or territories outside the European Union, you must include details of how the information will be protected.
19. Jods & GDPR [European Union Consumers Only]
Under the new law effective May 25, 2018, you have the right to manage the Personal Information we have collected from you in the due course of using our Website and related Services. These rights include the:
Right to be forgotten: you may request we delete all of your Personal Information without undue delay.
- Right to object: you may prohibit certain Personal Information uses.
- Right to rectification: you may request that incomplete Personal Information be completed or that incorrect information be corrected.
- Right of access: you have the right to know what Personal Information is being processed and how.
- Right of portability: you may request that Personal Information held by us be transported to another entity.
If you would like to act on any of the rights discussed above, please contact us at email@example.com.